Re: German artist Kort - Art Forum

Message #1070, a followup to #1047

Name: Mark Bohlmann
Date:Sunday October 7, 2007 2:01:12 pm MDT
Subject:Re: German artist Kort

I Purchased an Alps water scene in 1976 from a reputable local art shop and paid $475 on sale. The owner had purchased it from the Burger store in the Chicago Merchandise Mart where lots of up scale furniture stores bought frames and art to go with room settings. Shortly there after I looked up Kort. He was apparently known for a somewhat smaller scale landscapes than mine and had one painting on display in the chicago art museum. W.T. Burger used to charge for additional info on their paintings and artists. I like mine as it reminds me of the view of the headwater of the Rhine from a small bridge I found in 1971 when I visited. On my painting he is listed as 1928 Esslingen which is on the Neckar near where I lived. Mine is signed in quite bold letters and marks prior to the K of Kort that might be an H or II. I have mine valued at $2,500 as a replacement value for insurance purposes ... I have seen other equally nice paintings in Scottsdale for about $5k but they are current and their artists not so hard to find comps for.

Kim Baker wrote:

First   |   Previous   |   Next   message in this thread

Previous thread   |   Next thread

Previous   |   Next   message by date

Help   |   Message index   |   Search

When you are caught up with the Art Forum, tap a link in the menu below:
Forums  |  Database  |  Artist List  |  Awards  |  Registration  |  Email  |  FAQ  |  Galleries  |  Directory  |  News  |  Home